The final day of 2007 was my first day as an employee of the Eastern Maine Medical Center.
I made it to orientation on this day despite 12 inches of snow, 40 mph winds and the flu.
I received a flu shot on the previous Friday and ended up flu-ish sometime Sunday afternoon...so it goes!
But no sour grapes here, the job could not be better for me personally and for the benefit of our family. My schedule could not be more perfect for Emily and I. And there are so many great benefits including tuition reimbursement, a really sweet employee gym that costs only $5 a month and of course the health insurance for our family is effected in such a positive way now that two of us are employed for the company. The Hospital is five minutes away and sits right on the banks of the Penobscot River. The view of that river frozen over from the eighth floor is just beautiful (picture coming soon).
No comments:
Post a Comment