11/3/08
Sophia's First Day of School!
Well I can't believe it but Sophia is now in school. With our new schedules and the need for Sophia to socialize we decided to take the plunge. Some of our friends send their daughter to the school we chose and it came highly recommended by other people we know. The school is a montessori school and there are only up to 12 kids in the school. The director/teacher of the school does it out of her home and it is just a great place for a school. I love how the emphasis is on making good decisions and most all, love. Amy (the director) and her assistant Autumn truely love all the kids and let them know it. We have had some seperation anxiety but evidently this is to be expected. Sophia likes routine so we take Carlo to the bus stop together THEN we take her to school. I think she likes to know that all the other kids are in school and then it's ok for her to go. There have been some tears and "I no go to school" but all in all she is doing great with it. We recently had our first parent teacher conference for Sophia and she is adjusting and already learning. As Amy likes to say "They are like sponges!" Well a bossy sponge I guess!
Daddy and Sophia at her new school.
(They wear slippers while inside. How great is that!?)
Sophia and her teacher Amy getting to know each other.
Sophia and Silvia (one of her friends from the neighborhood) playing legos.
Not bad for her first day!
(Sophia, Silvia, Ginny and Allie)- Sophia knows all these girls from our
neighborhood which has been great for her.
Sophia's classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment