Saturday, October 3, 2009

When you take a wrong turn looking for a certain sublime location in Maine...You get another!

9/26/09
StoneyRidge Apple Orchard
On our way home from our adventures we came across this quaint orchard just starting out. The apples were gorgeous and the kids were dying to pick apples. You could pick all the apples to fit in a grocery bag for 5 dollars! And the apples were so yummy, Carlo tried one right away! The best part was the girl who was running the orchard brought her very sweet horse and allowed rides on her. Carlo rode first and then Sophia and I rode together (I had never ridden a horse and it was so fun!). Then our big girl said after about 10 minutes "I want to ride the horse by myself". So that is what she did. I was so proud of her but scared at the same time seeing her little body on such a large animal. But she and Carlo loved it.






Sophia taking her turn. Big girl!




Carlo having his turn. So brave!


Me and Phia




One of the lower trees the kids were able to reach.




Me and Phia tag teaming the apples.






Carlo and Daddy tag teaming the apples!





They were so excited to pick apples, especially be able to fill the bag!


No comments: